The social work concept of “use of self” which Reamer (2013) says is akin to Schon’s (1983) thesis that professionals are able to critically think about what they are doing while they are doing their work, is the basis for two assignments for this class. Each paper will be a two to three-page essay written in APA style that ties student perceptions about their “practice” or field experience work to one or more of the required or recommended readings/concepts/ideas presented in class. The essay is expected to be an insightful examination of the intersection of a new or challenging concept with the everyday work the student completes in their field placement or in other work experiences. Essays should use specific examples from the readings and apply them critically. Feel free to be creative. If you want to include a poem, do a drawing, present a photograph, etc. that expresses your perspective, do it! Just make sure to explain how it expresses your perspective and how it relates to course content.In your journals, use the following prompts to help guide your thinking and writing:● What was your immediate reaction to the reading/concept/idea? How has your thinking about it evolved, if at all, since first encountering it?● What is the main point or argument that the author (or authors) are making? What questions did that raise for you?● How did the reading/concept/idea add to your understanding of your practice/field experience?● In what ways could your practice be influenced by the reading/concept/idea?● What more do you think you need to learn about this topic?Grading Guidelines:Journals will be graded according to the following criteria:● Evidence of advanced level of reflection, providing thoughtful, critical, and honest self-reflection and analysis.● Integration of assigned readings and class activities in reflection ● Ability to produce a well-organized journal, within the standards set in the APA 7th edition style manual (pay particular attention to appropriate use of citations and headings), with minimal or no grammatical errorsPlease note – The journal assignments are designed to encourage self-analysis and critical reflection. This does not mean, though, that journals must include “negative” assessments or biases. Students are not required to hold or support specific points of view and journals will not be graded on the points of view that are expressed; however, students are expected to maintain professional standards as set forth in the NASW Code of Ethics. Questions or concerns should be addressed with the instructor.One paper is due at the completion of Unit One, February 15.The other paper is due during Unit Two, March 8.Please keep a copy of your work. You may need to refer to it for the final assignment. Grading Rubric:Criterion Points Available Journal entry displayed an advanced level of reflection, providing thoughtful, critical, and honest self-reflection and analysis. 5Then entry included specific examples from the readings and applied them critically. 4The entry followed APA 7th edition standards, paying particular attention to appropriate use of citation and headings, with minimal or no grammatical errors 1Total Points 10
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.