During Unit 7, you will be working on the following unit outcomes: Identify the benefits of nutritional therapy in the treatment of immunosuppression (CO 3)Correlate risk reduction factors with nutritional treatment of cardiovascular health issues (Cos 1 and 4)Summarize the benefits of nutritional lifestyle changes (Cos 1 and 3)Identify the benefits of nutritional therapy to support renal function, cancer, and HIV (CO 3)In this unit, we will explore complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) regimens
and how they are being utilized in healthcare. As a nurse, it is important to have a good
understanding of CAM therapies, because they can impact health, medication actions,
and nutritional wellness. It has become common practice for people to supplement their
diets with pills, smoothies, teas, herbals, and other complementary practices.
To avoid repeating topics in the discussion, you will be assigned 2 CAM regimens to
research and present. Locate an evidence-based article for each and summarize the
intended use, recommended dosage, and side effects and known interactions with over
the counter and prescription medications. What if any contraindications are identified?
Each CAM presentation should be at least 150 words. Make sure you cite your
Last, you must still respond to another classmate, as always.
During Unit 7, you will be working on the following unit outcomes:
Identify the benefits of nutritional therapy in the treatment of immunosuppression
• Correlate risk reduction factors with nutritional treatment of cardiovascular health
issues (Cos 1 and 4)
• Summarize the benefits of nutritional lifestyle changes (Cos 1 and 3)
• Identify the benefits of nutritional therapy to support renal function, cancer, and
HIV (CO 3)
Key Concepts this Week –•
Complementary and Alternative Trends in Nutrition
Metabolic Stress and Syndrome
Grodner, M., Escott-Stump, S., & Dorner, S. (2020). Nutritional Foundations and Clinical
Applications: A Nursing Approach(7th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Mosby
Required Reading Assignments: Chapters 16, 17, 18, 20
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.