See attached file.Directions for class project ASLS 121
Students will work in teams of 3-4 students on a selected topic to create a Zoom presentation and research paper on their selected topic.
Presentation: A group of
students will present your selected research on the date due. Presentations should be no more than 15 minutes in length. Presentation may include powerpoint slides and/or videos. Under your presentation, you must post at least one discussion question or poll to get students started discussing. All students are required to comment/engage on each presentation. (you may divide this work up, one student record the lecture, another work on the editing and uploading and another on question and content.)
Paper: each team member will write an individual 3-5 page research paper based on your topic. Include a minimum of two sources clearly cited. Discuss your topic and what you learned about topic. Your paper should include 2 suggested questions to be added to the final exam (based on your presentation) Each student will write their own paper based on this research. The count of pages does not include the cover page, table of contents, and/or a reference of biographies (works cited).
Schedule of due dates
History of Deaf Education
History of Deaf Sign Languages
History of Deaf Community
History of Deaf Technology
History of Deaf Politics
On your due date you will submit:
· Present your selected topic
· Research paper via Brightspace
· Peer feedback rubric via Blackboard
There are five history-themed topics for class projects. You will select your preferred topic on
Monday of Week 3.
1. Education – History of Deaf Education
This focuses on the foundations of education for deaf
children. The topics should be included in the research paper. Topics in general are Braidwood School in England, National Institute for Deaf Mutes in Paris, Alice Cogswell, Thomas Gallaudet, Laurent Clerc, Deaf founders of Deaf schools in America, Current numbers of Deaf schools, Current numbers of Deaf supertindents in Deaf schools, important education figures and/or Deaf
schools in other countries, timelines of Deaf education, bilingual and bicultural education, interpreting services and mainstreaming programs in public schools.
Note: Gallaudet University should not be mentioned in the research. It is confusing because of the name, Gallaudet. Thomas Gallaudet’s son, Edward, was the first president of Gallaudet University.
2. Language – History of Deaf Sign Languages
This focuses on the foundation of sign languages for deaf children and deaf people. The topics should be included in the research paper. Topics in general are Martha’s Vineyard, Ponce de Leon, Aristotle, Jonathan Lambert,William Stokoe, Alexander Graham Bell, important figures and researchers
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.