Creating a policy that will ensure all external computers that connected to an environment are malware free.COM-520 Written Assignment 3
Always Fresh Foods Inc. is a food distributor with a central headquarters and main warehouse in
Colorado, as well as two regional warehouses in Nevada and Virginia.
The company runs Microsoft Windows 2019 on its servers and Microsoft Windows 10 on its workstations.
There are 2 database servers, 4 application servers, 2 web servers, and 25 workstation computers in the
headquarters offices and main warehouse. The network uses workgroups, and users are created locally
on each computer. Employees from the regional warehouses connect to the Colorado network via a
virtual private network (VPN) connection.
Due to a recent security breach, Always Fresh wants to increase the overall security of its network and
systems. They have chosen to use a solid multilayered defense to reduce the likelihood that an attacker
will successfully compromise the company’s information security. Multiple layers of defense throughout
the IT infrastructure makes the process of compromising any protected resource or data more difficult
than any single security control. In this way, Always Fresh protects its business by protecting its
Project Part 3: Malware Protection Procedure Guide
Always Fresh allows external users, such as vendors and business partners, to access the Always Fresh
Windows environment. You have noticed a marked increase in malware activity in the test environment
that seems to originate from external users. After researching the likely source of new malware, you
conclude that allowing external users to connect to your environment using compromised computers
exposes Always Fresh to malware vulnerabilities.
After consulting with your manager, you are asked to create a policy that will ensure all external
computers that connect to Always Fresh environment are malware free. You create the following policy:
“To protect the Always Fresh computing environment from the introduction of malware of
any type from external sources, all external computers and devices must demonstrate
that they are malware free prior to establishing a connection to any Always Fresh
Consider the following questions:
1. What does “malware free” mean?
2. How can a user demonstrate that their computer or device is malware free?
3. What are the steps necessary to establish a malware-free computer or device?
4. How should Always Fresh verify that a client computer or device is compliant?
Create a malware protection procedure guide that includes steps for installing and running anti-malware
software. Fill in the following details to develop your procedure guide:
1. Provide a list of approved anti-malware software solutions—include at least three leading
antivirus and two anti-spyware products. You may include Microsoft products and third-party
products. Instruct users to select one antivirus and one anti-spyware product and install them on
2. Describe the process of:
a. Ensuring anti-malware software and data is up to date. Mandate daily updates.
b. Running regular malware scans. Mandate that automatic scans occur whenever the
computer is idle. If that setting is unavailable, mandate daily fast scans and biweekly
3. Provide steps to follow any time malware is detected.
a. Immediate reaction—what to do with current work, leave the computer on or turn it off
b. Who to contact
c. What information to collect
The procedure guide may be used by company security professionals in the future. Hence, all steps listed
should be clear and self-explanatory.
Format: Microsoft Word (no PDF)
Font: Arial, size 12, double-space
Citation Style: APA format
Length: 2 to 3 pages
I created a procedure guide that provides clear instructions that anyone with a basic technical
knowledge base can follow.
I created a well-developed and formatted procedure guide with proper grammar, spelling, and
I followed the submission guidelines.
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.