All of the requirements are in the pdf file attached. 3-5 pages.CYS 721 Project 1
This first project will lay the foundation for the rest of the course. Before we can discuss how to
secure a database we must first understand exactly what is a database, the types of threats against
databases and why database security is needed.
Over the next 3 weeks you will conduct research and write a 3 – 5-page paper (excluding
references and cover page) which discusses ways that users (both internal and external) can
harm the organization’s data. You will discuss some methods organizations use or should use to
secure their data. This assignment is based on the content of Chapters 1 and 2 of our required
text. The following approach is suggested.
Step 1: Begin with an introduction which should explain the purpose of the paper. The next
section should define a database and a database management system and describe and explain the
components of a database (fields, records, tables, keys). Explain the difference between a flat
model and the relational database model and discuss the disadvantages of the flat model and the
advantages of using a relational model instead.
Step 2: Identify and discuss the 3 main security objectives when protecting information systems
(CIA triangle) and identify and explain security threats to information systems, including insider
and outsider threats.
Step 3: Identify and explain the four options mentioned in Chapter 1 of the text for restoring a
network in the event of a disaster.
Step 4: Conclude the paper with a conclusion/summary paragraph
Deliverables: Submit a 3 – 5 page Microsoft Word research paper. This page count does not
include the cover page which will contain your name, course name and number, instructor name,
and due date. The page count also does not include the reference page
1. Please note that this is a research paper and to avoid plagiarism, you must include in-text
citations with corresponding references.
2. In summary The first section of the report should be an Introduction, followed by several
paragraphs which address the topic. The last section should be a conclusion which summarizes
the content of the report.
3. Additionally, be sure to review the Grading Rubric included in the folder for this assignment
prior to submitting this assignment and ensure that your paper follows those guidelines.
1. The first page of your report must be a cover page, as outlined above.
2. The last page(s) of your report must be a reference list, with corresponding in-text citations.
3. Citation and references should follow the IEEE format. (Do not use APA or MLA or any other
format other than IEEE). The IEEE format can be viewed at http://www.ijssst.info/info/IEEECitation-StyleGuide.pdf
4. Margins; 1 inch left, right, top and bottom
5. Font Style; San Serif (such as Times New Roman, Calibri or Arial) with a font size of 12 and
6. Include page numbers
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.