discussion board questionTheories often evolve from previous theories. As you noted in Week 2, job characteristics and
job enrichment theory incorporate key elements of job/work design theory. In Week 3, you
discovered that organizational justice theories emerged from equity theory. This week, you
discover that the same evolutionary trajectory occurs as basic principles of cognitive evaluation
theory (CET) appear in the broader and more comprehensive self-determination theory (SET).
Organizational psychology professionals might be asked to address issues relating to low worker
motivation and failure to achieve goals. Recognizing that most individuals perform work
assignments because they have to and not because they want to, Deci and Ryan (2000) suggest
workers develop an “active personal commitment” to their job (p. 60). To achieve this objective,
these researchers recommend a course in which employees internalize and integrate their values
into their work tasks.
For this Discussion, think about the relationship between CET and SDT. Then select a
professional or academic goal that you have achieved and consider why you achieved that goal
based on SDT.
With these thoughts in mind:
Write a brief explanation of self-determination theory. Then explain how self-determination
theory is an extension of cognitive evaluation theory. Finally, describe the goal you selected and
explain why you achieved that goal based on self-determination theory.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references > 5 years old
Deci, E. L., & Ryan, R. M. (2000). The “what” and “why” of goal pursuits: Human needs and
the self-determination of behavior. Psychological Inquiry, 11(4), 227–268.
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.