a. First, assume that you are a social worker employed within an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at the TV station where Haley works. Using an enthusiastically biological/medical model approach, describe what Haley is going through in psychiatric terms. Interpret any deviant behaviors or thoughts as symptoms of mental illness. You will obviously be referring her to a psychiatrist, so what symptoms will you report, and what diagnosis (or diagnoses) will you list on the referral form? What is the presumed cause of her distress? b. Now, write a second description of Haley’s experiences. In this description, do not use psychiatric or medical model language, nor any psychiatric diagnoses. Interpret her thoughts and behaviors using other perspectives of your choosing. Pretend you are explaining Haley’s problems and experiences to an intelligent person who simply will not accept a medical model-based explanation. The goal here is expressly not to simply use non-psychiatric synonyms to re-state what you wrote above, but to look at her problem from an entirely different perspective (or perspectives). To enhance your critical and creative thinking, I do not list suggestions here. Make sure you include the presumed cause of her distress in your formulation. c. These two descriptions are artificially dichotomized (it’s never this simple). However, when you compare and contrast the two descriptions, what issues are illuminated for you? 2. Imagine that you are a LCSW in private practice and are seeing a client who probably meets criteria for major depression. The client suffered a bereavement three months ago and has not yet returned to her previous functioning. A friend of the client told her that she “probably has a serotonin imbalance.” She is a college graduate, and fairly intelligent. She took an online depression assessment which indicated that she was probably suffering from the mental illness of depression. At her first appointment, she has the following questions: “What is major depression? Does this mean I have a serotonin imbalance?” Write out your proposed answers to her questions using the assigned readings as references. [Note: The Deacon article from Module 1 also contains relevant content for this question]. Please also ensure that you are fully conversant with the instructions for discussion board posts specific to this course before starting this assignment.Compose your response in Microsoft Word, formatted per APA styleYour post, not counting the reference section, needs to be a minimum of one and a half pages, double-spaced>>>>>>>>>video used for this assignment: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mg2c5fgno6nmv1/Fake-Hap… <<<<<<<<<<<<
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.