I am needing some assistance with this assignment. The instructions are attached for the assignments. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. Thank you for your time and assistance.HIUS 360
STOCK MARKET SIMULATION REPORT INSTRUCTIONS
This assignment will provide the student with a cursory understanding of the stock market, the
causes of fluctuations in it, and how those can affect a business and the economic stability in an
economy. It will provide them with the knowledge of locating, using, and analyzing stock market
data and financial news reports.
You will conduct a stock market simulation by “mock purchasing” 1 share of at least 2 “bluechip” and 3 “growth” stocks, then monitoring their value over 1 week. After that period, you will
document each step of the process, taking care to explain reasons for choosing the stocks,
fluctuations in stock price, and key economic pressures that reflect historic trends and issues.
This report must be 2–3 pages and include a specific list of the stocks in table format with their
names, symbols, purchase prices, and closing prices at the end of the week.
Choosing stocks to monitor for this assignment is up to you, except for two conditions. First, 2 of
the stocks must be large capitalization, blue-chip stocks from the New York Stock Exchange.
Second, 3 of the stocks must be targeted “growth” stocks with the potential for wide swings in
stock value—the more volatile the stock price, the better for this part of the assignment. You will
monitor the daily stock prices via a stock app, computer program, or financial
The most important part of the assignment involves the analysis, which must address the
• A well-organized and well-written explanation for the choices of stocks
• An explanation of each stock price fluctuation based on research in the financial press
• A bibliography of the research.
Research in the financial press is required for this assignment. Valuable research tools include
Bloomberg, Fox Business, the Wall Street Journal, Business Weekly, the Financial Times, or
widely consulted financial news networks and wire services. You MUST properly cite the
sources for your market research using the current Turabian style.
The best submissions will involve you researching key companies headlining the financial news
the previous week. Review existing commentary on the company following the suggestions
above and note the starting price on Monday. Then, each night, conduct a quick search of that
company in financial news services or cable financial news shows. Take notes on the analysis,
but understand this reflects the views of financial journalists, not historians. Be sure to record
and cite where you find each day’s information. (You may have to really dig through the
Turabian manual to determine the proper citations.) Then, at the end of the week, record the
stock’s closing price on Friday, and write an analysis of all 5 stocks’ fluctuations for the week.
Be sure to cover long-term trends of economic history when explaining the change. On a few
occasions, one or more of your stocks may fluctuate very little. This may be normal, but you
must still explain the stability of the company’s value based on long-term economic and
Page 1 of 2
Finally, as you address questions 2 and 3 (below) in your summary, you may footnote citations
for the financial publications or videos you consulted.
Use the Turabian template with the following guidelines to compose your report:
1. Stocks are in a table with names, symbols, starting price and ending price.
2. Why was each stock chosen? Be sure to explain what impressed you enough about the
company to monitor its price. Do not merely state that you chose Apple because you have an
iPhone or Walmart because you shop there. You must provide well-grounded, wellresearched reasons using commentary and analysis found in financial publications, networks,
and websites. If you use cable financial news shows, you must use the proper Turabian
citation for that specific episode/date of your research.
3. To what extent did the stock’s price fluctuate? Why did this occur? Again, base your
explanation on your research in financial sources. What economic pressures caused the
4. Include a title page and bibliography in the current Turabian style (not included in the 2–3page length requirement).
Page 2 of 2
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.