i will also attach the articles as well as the you tube video to watch. please do it on timeIntegration 3 Evidence Based Practice
Part 1. Answer the following questions based on the brief videos seen in class re: how to read a
research article. You should also refer to the article by Childers, posted on UM Learn
Which section of a research paper is described in each point below?
1. Why the research was done and with emphasis on why the results are significant.
2. What the data shows you – nothing more
3. When was past work done, by whom, why was their work important, what the author plans to
do in their paper, and why what they did is important
4. Why the data shows what it does, and how the author’s analysis relates back to their objectives
from the Introduction.
5. How the author did what they did and where they did it–nothing more
Answer the following as true or false:
6. A critique of a scientific article is essentially a criticism of an article- nothing more T F
7. The reader should always trust that the author of a scientific article has analyzed and presented
the data accurately and in a relevant and useful way. T F
8. For the sake of efficiency, it is sufficient to read the abstract of an article as that provides a good
idea of what the paper is about T F
Part 2. Answer the following based on what you saw in the video about coconut water. You will
need to think about it. Choose some of the statistics provided in the video and speculate about
what type of study they might have done to determine those statistics.
9. What type of study do you think they were performing in the video watched in class? What are
the weaknesses of the “study”?
10. Find and provide the reference for 1 scientific article investigating the benefits of coconut
water. How did you find this reference? How difficult was it to find? When you did your search
were the first hits/results scientific?
Part 3. Provide one example of a claim related to a healthcare product that you have seen or
heard and propose how you might determine whether or not that claim is true.
Part 4. What are some questions you can ask your healthcare provider when they are making
recommendations in order to ensure you are an informed healthcare consumer.
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.