can u please open the pdf attached, and make sure u ans in your own way. and no plagiarism and no copying.CMPSC 3113-Operating Systems
Due Date: Monday, Nov. 16, 2020.
1) No handwriting or drawing.
2) No images submissions
3) No zip, no rar, etc
4) All the answers should be submitted in only one text file
or PDF file.
1. Consider the following resource-allocation policy. Requests for and releases of resources are
allowed at any time. If a request for resources cannot be satisfied because the resources are not
available, then we check any processes that are blocked waiting for resources. If a blocked process
has the desired resources, then these resources are taken away from it and are given to the
requesting process. The vector of resources for which the blocked process is waiting is increased
to include the resources that were taken away.
For example, consider a system with three resource types and the vector Available initialized to
(4,2,2). If process Po asks for (2,2,1), it gets them. If P1 asks for (1,0,1), it gets them. Then, if Po
asks for (0,0,1), it is blocked (resource not available). If P2 now asks for (2,0,0), it gets the
available one (1,0,0) and one that was allocated to Po (since Po is blocked). Po’s Allocation vector
goes down to (1,2,1), and its Need vector goes up to (1,0,1).
a. Can deadlock occur? If you answer “yes,” give an example. If you answer “no,” specify which
necessary condition cannot occur.
b. Can indefinite blocking occur? Explain your answer.
2. Consider the following snapshot of a system: Allocation Max Available —-
Answer the following questions using the banker’s algorithm:
a. What is the content of the matrix Need?
b. Is the system in a safe state?
c. If a request from process P1 arrives for (0,4,2,0), can the request be granted immediately?
3. Consider a paging system with the page table stored in memory.
(a) If a memory reference takes 200 nanoseconds, how long does a paged memory
(b) If we add associative registers, and 75% of all page-table references are found in the
associative registers, what is the effective memory reference time? (Assume that finding
a page-table entry in the associative registers takes zero time, if the entry is there.)
Consider the following segment table:
What are the physical addressed for the following logical addresses?
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.