The attached file contains 5 questions that needs to be answered. It is preferred to be written in a pdf. All the questions must be answered in detail.1. (15 points) An automobile manufacturer has assembly plants located in the Northwest,
Midwest and Southeast. The cars are assembled and sent to major markets in the
Southwest, East, West and Northeast. The appropriate distance matrix, availabilities and
demands are given by the following table:
a) (10 points) Assuming that the cost is proportional to distance. Formulate the problem to
minimize the total cost of transportation.
b) (5 points) Can the problem from part (a) be solved using the simplex method? Explain
2. (15 points) The University is in the process of forming a committee to handle students’
grievances. The administration wants the committee to include at least one female, one male,
one student, one administrator, and one faculty member. Ten individuals (identified, for
simplicity, by the letter a to j) have been nominated. The mix of these individuals in the
different categories is given as follows:
The University wants to form the smallest committee with representation from each of the
a) (10 points) Formulate the problem as an ILP.
b) (5 points) State which algorithm can be used to find the optimum solution.
3. (20 points) Consider the following function:
( ) = 3 12 + 9 1 + 2 2 − 1 2 + 4
(a) [12 points] Determine whether the function is convex, concave, or neither.
(b) [8 points] Suppose ∗ is a stationary point of the function . Is it a local max, local min,
global max, global min, or none of these? Explain your answer.
4. (30 points) Consider the following nonlinear program.
max ( − 2)
. . = 33 − 3
(a) [12 points] Derive the KKT necessary conditions for the nonlinear program.
(b) [18 points] Solve the nonlinear program using the KKT necessary conditions.
5. (20 points) A project is considered completed when activities A-F have all been completed.
The precedence relationships and duration of each activity are given in the table below:
a) (10 points) Draw the project network diagram.
b) (7 points) Determine the critical path and critical activities of this project.
c) (3 points) What is the earliest the project can be completed?
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.