Attached are the instructions for the assignmentLink to the book: https://archive.org/stream/biomedicalethics04eduns…Your short answers will be graded according to the following criteria. Keep these in mind when constructing your answers.Clarity – 5 points total1. Clarity & Structure: /32. Grammar & Spelling: /2Content – 7 points total1. Explanation of Author(s) Position: /42. Critical Analysis: /3Total Score: 8 base points + _____ =ClarityYour answer is evaluated on its clarity (which includes structure, grammar, and spelling). A well-organized essay is one that stays focused on answering the essay question (avoid tangents). It uses prose that clearly and concisely conveys the author’s ideas, while avoiding grammar and spelling errors. Points are lost in this category for misusing terms, prose that is unclear, paragraphs that (individually or collectively) lack proper organization, and multiple grammar and spelling errors.ContentThe content of your answer is evaluated according to two criteria. First, you must accurately convey the author’s position, including the essential components of the view. Second, you must meaningfully engage with the author’s position. The essay question includes a critical analysis component. Your answer to this component should constitute a non-trivial portion of your essay. Your critical analysis must be reasonably well-developed given the space constraints. It must supply some reason/argument to support your position. Points are lost in this category for misrepresenting the author’s view, omitting crucial components of this view that are essential to a complete answer, and providing an underdeveloped crucial analysis (one that is not well-explained and/or is missing supporting reasons/argumentation).Medical Ethics
Short Answers (5 pts each)
Provide answers to the following questions. Note that each of the questions requires you to ‘justify your
answer’. This is an essential part of the question, which should include a well-thought out response. As a
rough guide, your answers should be around 2 pages long for each question (and no more than 2.5 pages
1. Explain the reasons supplied in the minority opinion that the duty to warn established in Tarasoff v.
Regents of UC offers ‘virtually no benefit to society’. Explain how this addresses the position expressed by
the majority opinion. (In your explanation, be sure to include a brief summary of the Tarasoff case and the
majority decision.) Who provides the stronger argument? Justify your answer.
2. In his article “On Telling Patients the Truth”, Roger Higgs responds to common arguments that defend
lying to patients. That there is, in general, a moral prohibition against lying to patients is not terribly
controversial. However, there are tricky cases. Suppose that the patient is a six-year old with a terminal
illness. Should the child not be told the extent of his/her illness? Or, should the physician tell the child the
truth? Answer the following questions: (a) What is Higgs’ view concerning this tricky case? (b) What would
the Utilitarian say about this case? Finally, (c) what do you think the physician should do in this case?
Should the physician tell the patient the truth or not? Be wary of providing overly simplistic analyses. Justify
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.