Topic : Prisons as mental health institutionsThis assignment will require an annotated
bibliography and an analysis outline (paper) of prevalent stereotypes, historical and modern interpretations, and recent
social change related to your chosen issue. Be sure to provide detailed examples. Your annotated bibliography will be submitted as a 1–2 page document in APA style. Your annotated list should include at least five academic sources, with a
short explanation (one paragraph) after each source that briefly states the source’s topic and relevance to your project. Your explanation should also indicate
each source’s usefulness in terms of historical and social context. This usefulness can be demonstrated through identifying any relevant social institutions, social
roles, and/or stereotypes present in the source and connected to your project.
Your outline should be 1–2 pages & Provide relevant examples and citations for your outline.I will attach 2 sources that i have already done.Breanna Rolla
18 January 2020
E. Lauren, D. K. G., SJ. Prins, L. D., AP. Mundt, W. S. C., WB. Hawthorne, D. P. F., RE. Drake,
S. M. E., DE. McNiel, R. L. B., … HA. Whiteford, L. D. (1970, January 1). Inside the
nation’s largest mental health institution: a prevalence study in a state prison system.
BMC Public Health. https://bmcpublichealth.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12889017-4257-0#citeas.
This article is a research article by the BMC Public Health, providing research and
statistical analysis to provide insight on how many inmates are incarcerated with mental
illnesses. The data in this article is useful to me when I need to provide statistics on the
problem at hand such as how many females are incarcerated with a mental illness. This
research article provides quantitative data that is necessary when researching the topic of
prisons as mental institutions. This article uses Iowa corrections offender network to
provide accurate data.
Miller, J. (2013, March 5). Patients as prisoners, jails new mental health institutions. CBS
This article was written by John Miller who works for CBS News. This article contains
eyewitness testimonies and firsthand knowledge on the situation of there not being enough room
at hospitals for mentally ill patients. A sheriff with the name of Tom Dart says how there is
simply not enough room at hospitals but it does not mean that these mentally ill patients should
be incarcerated. This article uses social means to explain the situation at hand and what is
currently going on in our prisons. This article is very useful because it helps show that prisons
are overpopulating and the increase in inmates with mental illnesses is sky rocketing.
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.