Week 3 Case Study
The purpose of the case study is to have you expand on the pathophysiological disease process by searching for evidence-based practice treatment and advanced practice nursing role implications related to the disease.
Case Study Topic:
Select either a type of pain syndrome or a neurologic disease process (headache, CVA, acute bacterial meningitis, Alzheimer’s, anxiety, depression, chronic pain syndrome) and discuss the pathophysiologic process involved.
Identify current evidence-based treatment modalities for the selected syndrome or disease and discuss how the treatment impacts the disease process.
Conduct an evidence-based literature search to identify the most recent standards of care/treatment modalities from peer-reviewed articles and professional association guidelines (
Links to an external site.
. These articles and guidelines can be referenced, but not directly copied into the clinical case presentation. Cite a minimum of three resources.
Include the following in your clinical case presentation:
1. A discussion of the pathophysiology of the disease, including signs and symptoms.
2. An explanation of diagnostic testing and rationales for each.
3. A review of different evidence-based treatment modalities for the disorder obtained from guideline.gov or a professional organization.
Next, address the following questions:
1. How does the information in this case inform the practice of a master’s prepared nurse?
2. How should the master’s prepared nurse use this information to design a patient education session for someone with this condition?
3. What was the most important information presented in this case?
4. What was the most confusing or challenging information presented in this case?
5. Discuss a patient safety issue that can be addressed for a patient with the condition presented in this case.
The use of medical terminology and appropriate graduate level writing is expected.
Your paper should be 3–4 pages (excluding cover page and reference page).
Your resources must include research articles as well as reference to non-research evidence-based guidelines.
Use APA format to style your paper and to cite your sources. Your source(s) should be integrated into the paragraphs. Use internal citations pointing to evidence in the literature and supporting your ideas. You will need to include a reference page listing those sources. Cite a minimum of three resources.
Review the rubric for more information on how your assignment will be graded.
1. use link provided with account info below
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.